• Masako Art (Fujimura), began playing the harp after 15 years of
piano. She studied historical harps with Crawford Young and
Heidrun Rosenzweig at Schola Cantorum in Basel and with Mara
Galassi in Milan, acquiring Diplomas in 2004/2009 respectively.
• As a continuo player and as a soloist, Masako has taken part in opera productions with René Jacobs,
Peter Tilling, Andrea Marcon, Christina Pluhar, Hidemi Suzuki,
Konrad Junghänel, Diego Fasolis and Jean-Claude Malgoire. She has
performed with baroque orchestras such as Concerto Vocale,
Akademie der alten Musik Berlin, Freiburger Barockorchester,
L'arpeggiata, Neue Hofkapelle Graz, La Cetra, Grand Ecurie et la Chambre du Roi, L'arpa
Festante, I Barocchisti, Capriccio Basel, La Nuova Musica, Lautten
Compagney, as well as in diverse chamber ensembles. She
participated in CD/DVD productions as well as radio/TV recordings
by DRS, ORF, 3SAT, RSI, arte and FranceMusique.
• In 2014 she took part in the world premiere of the contemporary
opera "Das geopferte Leben" by Hector Parra at Münchner Biennale
with Freiburger Barockorchester and Ensemble Recherche.
• Her repertoire includes essential harp-obligato literature such
as Monteverdi's "L'Orfeo", Händel's "Julius Caesar", "Saul" and
"Esther", and Gluck's "Orfeo ed Euridice", right up to the
Romantic period, and the works of many Italian (Monteverdi,
Frescobaldi, Mayone, Trabaci, Stradella, d'India, Carissimi,
Caccini, etc), German (Froberger, Schütz, Schein, Telemann etc),
and English (Purcell, Dowland, Lawes, John Parry, Händel etc)
composers in solo/chamber music settings, as well as orchestra and
salon repertoire of the classical and romantic period.
• She has been currently working intensively on works by Joseph
Haydn and arrangements of his works from Haydn's time. She has
recorded them with The Poker Club Band
• She is also an experienced player of 14th-early 16th century
music, from Trecento to Frottola, Machaut to Agricola, and its
contemporary solo keyboard settings as well as making her own
intabulations. She has performed with Ferrara Ensemble, Ensemble
Leones and Micrologus.
• Between 2008 and 2013 she taught historical harp in
• Haydn Scottish Songs
(Bedyngham, intabulation M. Art)
info (at) masakoart.ch
+41 78 870 2286
Thank you for your interest.